Registration and Licensure
Every Clinical officer practicing in Kenya is required to be registered and licensed with the Clinical Officers Council in accordance with the Clinical Officers (Training, Registration and Licensing) Act, 2017, Laws of Kenya.
Requirements for Registration
- Professionals trained in Kenya
Eligible applicants, upon completion of training in an approved institution, shall be required to sit a prescribed Council exams. Successful candidates shall be posted for a one year internship. Upon successful completion of internship the applicants will be required to submit required documents for registration and licensing within 3 months after internship
Requirements for registration
Originals and certified copies of:
1. Degree/Diploma Certificates.
2. National identity card
3. KCSE Certificate.
4. Internship completion letter.
5. Dully filled Internship Booklet/Logbook.
6. Passport size photo.
7. Dully filled COC Registration form (Download)
9. Internship license and
10. COC result slip
- Kshs. 10,000 – Diploma ( Registration and license fee)
- Kshs. 10,000 – Degree (Registration and license fee)
NB: Late registration will attract hefty penalties
Professionals trained Outside Kenya
Professionals trained outside Kenya who may wish to be registered by the Council shall be required to show proof of qualification/competency equivalent to standards established in Kenya.